Monday, November 17, 2008

Editing Final Project

I love to edit my raw material.  I feel like when I am shooting, most of the time, I do not have the time to actually take i everything that is happening at the moment.  When its time for me to go back and edit, I get the chance to experience the of watching not only the show through the video's "eyes" with the angles and sound but I also can see the whole story unfold in my mind.  This is the time when I think the video project actually sees so many stages in my process.  I take the time to change things and play with things.  I feel like this is an opportune time to decide which way you want your movie to be finalized, unlike when you are shooting, you can delete and change things where needed. I believe that actual editing of the movie can be just as important as what is captured when shooting the video.  Nonetheless, in the end, the two stages have to work together for a successful movie to occur.  Though sometimes editing tricks can save a movie, if there is not enough of the content gotten when the shooting is done, there are some instances when all is at a loss. 

No comments: