Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Presentation and Distribution

The most important strengths of my project were the dancing transitions and the sound overlay. It is my belief that the sound overlaying the dancing helped to enhance my video. I think that the footage that I got of the team dancing assited my video in its visual appearance. It allowed it to be a break in the video from just seeing Aramie's face to actually seeing what he was actually talking about in his interview. These breaks that I have included, as transitions, are the team dancing. I thought, and after hearing my comments, the class thought that the dancing was a great way to transition from one scene to the next. The angles I got on the dancers and the way that I incorporated not only Aramie but the entire team was also a strength. However, the sound behind the dancing was choppy and distorted so I decided to overlay the interview over the dancing. I have never actually done a sound overlay so it was a big project for me but I knew from my class discussions that it would enhance my project so I took on the task.
As I said the sound overlay was one of my stregths but it was also one of my biggest weaknesses because the sound overlay of the dancing was lower then the sound on the actual video. When the transitions occur, it was not as smooth as it could have been or was intended to be. I actually just did not have the complete knowledge I needed to fix this problem. The audio was fading out a little to early, which made some of Aramie's last words indeciferable and the audience did not like this effect. However, I do feel like my video reachs its targeted audience and is a successful film.
At this point, I do not feel like my video is ready to be distributed to a much wider audience then the actual classroom. Nonetheless, I will provide a copy to Aramie and I would be ok with him showing it or distributing it to the rest of Hip-Notic.

No comments: