Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Final Presentation & Distribution

This being the last project of the semester, I am pleased.  I really enjoyed being able to be an author or not only text but video.  I think that the class is "a fresh glass of water" being that is something so different then anything I have done before.  I think that being so, some of my biggest weaknesses from the project surround my inexperience just with the editing software.  I feel like in the project, the audio, once again wasnt as great as t could be, but I did actually improve.  Another weakness I came across, also on the audio side, is that my music did not actually fade in and out as well as I wanted it to but I think it gave the right impression.  Nonetheless, I think that my biggest strength of my movie was the choosing of the right speakers.  I feel like the people that I interviewed played a big role in my movie and its appeal.  I think that though my movie was a lot of talking, it was informational talking that engaged its audience.  This engagement is both the same and different from text.  By having a video to watch, it is different to engage an audience because it is includes both visual and audio components unlike text.  Making a video as a whole, is fulfilling because it allows you to combine several types of elements into one project. 
I fell that through my video, I was able not only to portray my belief through video but also my purpose in making the video, which was to inform and create awareness.  I think that by my audience's response I can interpret that my video came across vividly.  I think that the audience clearly understood my purpose because it was clear in the video.  This makes me think that I will be and want to distribute this video to others.  The people that I feel will make the most use of this information are teenagers and college students who find themselves in the awkward period of learning about friendship.  Nevertheless, this video has worldwide appeal and may be able to help people of all ages.  

No comments: